As you are aware that debit card details hacked in India, with major banks like State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, and Yes Bank being the worst-hit. The debit cards which were affected included of Visa, Mastercard and RuPay. So, if you are debit card holders, it is advisable to change ATM PIN online at the earliest.
Considering this new debit card data breach has put 3.2 million debit cards in India at risk. So, kindly change your debit card PIN as soon as possible, and you don’t even have to go to the ATM or the bank branch to change it.
You know, all the above mentioned banks, except SBI, allow net banking users to change their debit card PIN online. Hence, scroll down to find out how to change your HDFC, ICICI, Yes Bank, and Axis Bank debit card PIN online.
Change ATM PIN online for SBI debit card: Here’s how to
Procedure to Change ATM PIN online for a State Bank of India debit card through internet banking as it’s very simple. Here’s a method that you learn step-by-step.
1. Open your browser and type www.onlinesbi.com and click on personal internet banking login button as follows.
2. Now, give your login credentials for online SBI account.
3. Once you have successfully logged in you will see the ‘e-Services’ option – click on that. After click on ‘ATM card services’ option at placed on left side as follows.
4. Once you clicked on ‘ATM card services‘ – you will see the options are: (Block ATM card, New ATM card activation, Request ATM/debit card, ATM Pin generation and ATM card limit change).
5. Select ‘ATM Pin generation‘ from the above mentioned list of options.
6. Please choose your option to validate the mode (Using OTP or Using Profile Password) in order to generate new SBI ATM PIN number.
7. For instance, i have selected ‘Using profile password’ option to change ATM PIN online for SBI Account.
8. Now, give your profile password.
9. Select SBI debit account number and click on ‘Continue’ button as follows.
10. Now, select the card that you wish to change ATM Pin number and click on ‘submit’ button.
11. Please note – Rs. 51/- will be recovered as service charges for new ATM PIN generation.
12. Once you are OK with that, you choose two digit number as you wish and you will get next two digit number through mobile.
Done!. You have successfully updated new ATM pin number for SBI debit card.
Procedure to change ICICI Bank debit card PIN number online
1. Log into your ICICI Bank netbanking account
2. Select the My Card Pin option that is located on the left.
3. Here, you will have the option to change the debit card PIN
4. Do that by selecting the active debit card and providing the CVV number.
5. You will have to verify the OTP you received, and submit the corresponding letters on the back of your debit card.
6. On the next page, just choose the new PIN code for your ICICI debit card and hit submit.
How to change ATM PIN online for HDFC Bank debit card
1. Open your netbanking account and click on the Cards tab.
2. On the left side, in Debit Cards, scroll down and click the ‘Request’ button.
3. Of the new options listed under Request select Instant PIN Generation.
4. To change your HDFC Bank debit card PIN, simply provide the requisite details on this page, i.e. the new PIN number and the OTP you received on the phone.
How to change Axis Bank debit card PIN online
1. Log into your Axis Bank netbanking account
2. Scroll the mouse over hamburger button on the top left (the button with the three horizontal bars).
3. Upon scrolling the cursor over the hamburger button, you will see the option My Debit Cards
4. Click that option and select your active debit card.
5. In the bar below marked More Services, select the Set Debit Card Pin option and press Go.
6. Here, you will be able to change the PIN by entering the new PIN code, expiry date of the card, and submitting the NETSecure code that you received on the phone.
How to change Yes Bank debit card PIN
1. When you enter your Yes Bank account, browse to the mySPACE tab on the top.
2. Click on the fourth tab on the top right of the mySPACE widget screen.
3. Under this, choose the third option i.e. Debit Card PIN Re-generation/ Change.
4. After clicking it, you will be prompted to choose your preferred debit card from the drop-down menu.
5. Enter you card’s validity, followed by the new PIN.
6. You’ll need to re-enter the new PIN and proceed further.
7. A confirmation screen will appear; clicking Confirm on it will take you to the OTP page.
8. Input the code that you received in the OTP on your phone.