Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Sunday through popular monthly radio programme – ‘Mann ki Baat’. This programme was the 17th edition where Sachin Tendulkar, Vishwanathan Anand, spiritual guru Morari Bapu and Professor CNR Rao also joined the Prime Minister and shared exam tips with students appearing for board exams.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi “I am sure you are thinking about your children’s examination that have started or are about to start. I am as worried about exams as parents are. I feel that my 25-30 minutes discussion will be very useful for the students appearing in exams.“
Here are the best key point highlights:
Cricketer ‘Sachin Tendulkar’ told to students:
- Set realistic, achievable targets for yourself and try to achieve them.
- Set your targets and pursue them with a free mind, without pressure.
- Compete with yourself and not others.
- Keep your thinking positive, positive results will surely follow.
Chess champion ‘Viswanathan Anand’ gave exam tips to students:
- Stay calm and sleep well.
- It’s important not to put too much pressure on yourself an don’t keep your expectations too high.
- Don’t be over-confident but don’t be pessimistic either.
Spiritual guru ‘Morari Bapu’ inspiring to students:
- My advice is that stay calm and don’t run after success and accept the situation.
- It’s not necessary that all of us get success we should also learn to live with failures
Professor ‘CNR Rao’ has a message for students:
- I fully realise that the examinations cause anxiety; that too competitive examinations. Do not worry, do your best
- There are many opportunities in this country. Decide what you want to do in life and don’t give it up
- Exams are not merely about marks
- Every exam is a step towards achieving that great purpose; Every success will become a key to achieve that great purpose.
- Do not limit yourself with what will happen in these exams. Work for a larger purpose, for a vision
- Take adequate rest and good sleep
- In life, discipline is a big reason behind strong foundation of success; Discipline provides a strong foundation
- You have to script your own future, keep the faith.
- Don’t come under any burden of expectations.
- Along with your studies, focus on your health; remain healthy.
- Relax, talk to friends and de-stress.
- Read the question paper calmly and carefully.
- Give tension-free exams, with a smile on your face; prepare with dedication, determination and diligence.
- Parents are the greatest support system for children in exam season; don’t pressurise your children for marks.
- Parents should talk to children about things beyond academics like a family holiday etc.
- While appearing for exam, take time to read the paper, don’t be in a rush
- I have an exam too. 125 crore Indians are going to test me since the Union budget will be tabled tomorrow. I am confident.